Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DIY Touch and Feel Book



(I made some cuter covers - see end of post) haha :)

I was looking through my filing cabinet the other day, and found this touch and feel book that I had made for my boys when they were little.  I also used these for a church lesson about hands - the kids loved them!  I uploaded all the pages, colored them, printed them out, and made a new one for my daughter.

I just made them on regular cardstock, and if you want them to be more durable, you could laminate the pages before you glue the extras on.

Here are the pages:

feather, and pipe cleaners,

sandpaper, and a shell,

some batting, and my daughter's handprints. (I used craft paint)

I just used hot glue to attach everything - punched holes and added rings.
I am sure there are more cute things you could add - a piece of terrycloth, satin or fur, or small rocks (if your kids are older and wouldn't choke).


You can download the pdf file here.  There are 2 to a page, the top one is colored, and the bottom is black and white, so your kids or class can color it themselves! 

Hope you like them!


Edit: After I posted this - I was thinking how much cuter I could have made these books! Really? Plain white pages? That is sooo not me! Oh-well, you guys go out there and make these cuter, okay?

Okay, I couldn't stand it - Here is a little nicer cover page.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Charissa said...

My grandma made me 2 quiet books as a kid that I could touch and feel, zip and dump out animals from pockets...and they were my favorite things in the world.

Beth said...

Awesome! I am working on some darling quiet books right now! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

Heidi said...

I can't wait to make something like this for my girls!! What an easy yet totally adorable idea!! This is being featured today at {Junk in their Trunk}...thanks for linking up!

Unknown said...

These are really cute. I am featuring on A little Tipsy tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...