Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cub Scout "Cake"

Here is the "cake" I made for the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet tonight. 

I have been wanting an excuse to make one of these cakes forever!!  I originally wanted the bottom and top layers to be blue and the middle layer to be gold, but I ran out of those exact shades of cardstock, and therefore had to improvise with white.  I was not about to run back out to the store to buy more paper that will just be torn apart anyway. (I know... I'm cheap like that.) haha

Do you love the added touch of my son's pinewood derby car on top?? It just happened to be blue - I liked it. :)

The little slices are boxes that hold candy or toys.



I printed out the Cub Scout logo onto white cardstock, cut off the blue trim, and used more of the blue cardstock for the back. (That way the wooden skewer is sort of sandwiched in between the papers.)  Then, I just added ribbons - I didn't want it to be too girly, but I needed to hold the cake pieces a little tighter together.

Now, I just hope it will make it to the banquet - we have crazy winds here in Idaho today!!!

I have the templates you can download for the cake slices.  There are super cute paper cakes all over the internet.  (Like I said - I have been wanting to make this for a long time.)


Have Fun!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jillian said...

did you win? It is the cutest cake ever. You are so creative. :)

mickeycrazed said...

How many boxes did it make?
I have a very large pack, and and concerned how many "cakes" I many need to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...