Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fun Summer Cards

I have a confession.... I hate scrapbooking! Hate it! I don't know why. I think it might be because it takes for-ev-er just to make one page, and I have mountains of pictures. Ugh!

I do however LOVE to make cards! Once you figure out your card design, you can whip up like four at once.  And they are sooo cute. 

I also love summer!!

So today I thought I would just post some of the fun summer cards that I have made in the past.
My sisters and I get together and have card-making weekends, where all we do is make cards. So fun! :)


For the cones - I just scored some tan cardstock, cut it to look like a cone and sponged a bit of brown ink over it.  Then, I cut a circle with a scalloped punch, and cut off part so it looks like ice cream scoops.  The background is a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Pretty simple.

These are flip flop cards that I made with some really great Hawaiian paper that I found.  I just made a template shaped like a flip flop and cut them out.  Then, punched holes and used ribbons for the top.

This one is a fun shaker card that kids would love.  You can find lots of tutorials online for shaker cards - they are pretty easy to make.  I filled it with sand and tiny shells.

My little sister really liked this card - me, not so much.  I don't know why - maybe it's just the lettering, I don't know. We ran the tan paper through my cuttlebug, scored it and then flipped it over so it looks kind of like a graham cracker.  Then, we used the scalloped punch for the bite marks.

I really like the colors in this popsicle card - so summery!

WARNING:  I have a bunch of lemonade cards coming up....sorry - I was obviously on a lemonade kick one day! haha :)

This is just a pocket card.  I made some of these for hot cocoa in the winter.  I don't even know if you can still buy lemonade packets like this anymore.  It would be cute to put a bunch of those individual water bottle flavor packets in a pocket card, too.

This is a matchbox card - basically it just folds the opposite way a normal card does, and you use a staple to hold it.  Super simple.

Here is the inside.


This last one is a lip gloss card that I made for my Activity Day girls a couple years ago. (I can't believe I still had one left!) haha
You can't see it very well, but there are tiny clear beads along the rim of the glass.  The colors are fun, too.
The inside holds a lip gloss!  You can also search for lip gloss card tutorials - I'm sure they are all over the place. :) 

Well, that's it for now.  Have a fun summer!! :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...