The first one is a Cinnamon Stick Santa. You can make a whole bunch of these in a short amount of time.
I made these soooo long ago, so I don't have step-by-step pictures, but they are pretty easy to figure out.
Things you will need:
red and peach craft paint
black craft paint or my preference - a sharpie!
hot glue or other craft glue
1. Paint the top portion of the cinnamon stick red. I only painted the front half, because the back doesn't snow anyway. You decide how big or little you want the hat to be.
2. Paint just underneath that peach - I went longer on this part than the red. Let these dry.
3. Glob on the craft snow to make Santa's hat, hair & beard. (yes, that's my technical term - glob - seems to fit don't you think?) I went just under the hat, down both sides and made a little moustache in the middle. Oh, and don't forget a little dab on the top of his hat.
4. Let that sit and dry really well.
5. Make 2 black dots for his eyes.
6. Cut a little piece of twine and got glue it onto the top of the cinnamon stick.
Here is a better picture of them together:
Here is a picture of the kind of craft snow I used:
The next ornament I have for you is another one I made forever ago. I'm sure you've seen these around, but they are such classics - I think they look sooo good on any tree, or as gift tags:
I LOVE these! I still have these after probably 15 years - and they STILL smell yummy - seriously!
Warning!! Do NOT eat these - for decoration only. Not that you would, they have glue in them, but just to make sure... ;)
Here is the recipe:
1 cup cinnamon
3/4 cup applesauce
3 TBS white glue (Elmer's)
Mix all ingredients together and knead until you get a soft consistancy. (kind of a "furry" look)
Roll the dough out making sure you keep an even thickness - I made mine pretty thick because I didn't want them to break.
Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
Make sure to poke out your holes while the dough is still wet. A straw is the easiest way to do this.
Let them sit somewhere undisturbed to dry. It takes about 3 days. (I know, it's a long time, but it's really worth it.)
Hang with ribbons.
You can store these with your decorations to use year after year!
Well - I hope you like these ornaments as much as I do!